Bulgur or Cracked Wheat Salad
This is a nice cold salad that is filling and goes with many dishes.
- 18 ounce box of bulgur wheat
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup salted cashews
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook the bulgur wheat like you would do with rice. Make sure it is not mushy, so use less water. Add all the wet ingredients together. Add to all of the other ingredients. Serve at room temperature or cold.
I sometimes will put curry powder in this to give it more flavor.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.