Here's what salads look like around the world
Summer's back, and salad is on everyone's table again. To keep from getting bored, try these 10 salads from around the world!
THAILAND - Som tam: Green papaya and marinated shrimp salad
Imagine sitting down to this refreshing masterpiece on a beach in Thailand. Bursting with exotic flavors, it's a cinch to put together. Grate a green papaya into thin threads. Do the same with 1 carrot. Add some spice to your liking, chopped peanuts, minced garlic, lemon juice mixed with fish sauce (nuoc-mam), sugar, and quartered cherry tomatoes. Finish with peeled and deveined shrimp that's been marinating for 1 hour.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.