Stuffed Green Peppers
Green peppers stuffed with hamburger and rice with a tomato paste topped with mozzarella cheese.
- 4 Lg. green peppers 1-2 lbs. hamburger 1 1/2 c. instant rice 3 sm. cans tomato sauce 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese 1 tbsp. lemon juice 2 tbsp. sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Core out the top centers and clean out the insides of your peppers to be stuffed with a sharp knife rinse.Then Boil in deep sauce pan with lid till just tender.When BOILING about 10 min.
Mix with hands in Lg. bowl hamburger,instant rice,and only 2 of your cans of tomato sauce.
Stuff the insides of peppers set aside.
In a sm. sauce pan Add 1 can tomato sauce, lemon juice, and your sugar stir.Heat until boiling.Pour over tops of peppers.Then sprinkle with plenty of mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 for about 45-60min.Done when cheese is brown and rice is done.
Do not over boil your peppers or they will fall apart on you. They should be a little tender like veg. in stir fry.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!