Dannielle's Stuffed Green Peppers
My take on a traditional stuffed pepper and you don't have to used green peppers.....I have used every color pepper out there!
- 6 Large Green (or any color) Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- diced small
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 32 oz can CRUSHED tomatoes
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the tops of the peppers and clean out the seeds and some of the ribs. Place the peppers and the tops into a pan and cover with cold water. Place onto stove and parboil peppers just until slightly tender. Once peppers are slightly tender, drain peppers and tops and set aside until you are ready to stuff.
While peppers are parboiling, prepare the instant rice by bringing the cup of broth with the onion and can of diced tomatoes, juice and all up to a boil and then adding the cup of rice. Stir, shut the heat off and then put the lid on the pot and leave it set while you get the rest of the meat mixture ready.
In a very large bowl, mix together the ground beef, the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and slightly cooled rice mixture.
Open the can of CRUSHED tomatoes and spoon enough to slightly cover the bottom of your baking dish. Take a slightly cooled pepper and stuff it with the meat mixture until it reaches the top of the pepper, place pepper into baking dish and repeat until all peppers are stuffed. (Don't worry if you have meat mixture left over. I will be suggesting something to do with that.) Spoon Crushed Tomatoes over the top of the peppers and place the little pepper tops back onto peppers. Bake in a 350* oven for about 35-45 minutes or until ground beef is cooked depending on your oven.
I usually find myself with extra raw meat mixture, so I use a small 8" x 8" pan and make a plain baked meatloaf type extra that I cover with the extra crushed tomatoes. Nothing goes to waste....it all gets eaten!!
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt Seasoning 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Domplines 4.3/5 (154 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.7/5 (189 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.2/5 (253 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!