Stuffed Sticky Rice
Sticky Glutinous Rice Mixed With Chicken Packed Inside Banana Leaf
- 250 gram sticky rice – soaked in water for 2 hours
- 250 coconut milk
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chicken mix:
- 1 chicken breast-boiled and cut in small pieces
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 1 bay leave
- 1 teaspoon tamarind water
- oil for stir-fry
- Spices Mix
- 5 shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 pieces candlenut
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Banana Leaves for wrapping
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
• Steam sticky rice for 15 minutes, drain it
• Boiled coconut milk with bay leaves, lemongrass, and steamed sticky rice. Put salt.
Boiled until the sticky rice mix is getting almost dry
• Steam the sticky rice mix until it soft
• Grind all of the mix spices together
• Stir fry spice mix with oil, put chicken mix until it get dried
• Take banana leaves, put a tablespoon of sticky rice mix for first layer, put a tablespoon of chicken, and put another tablespoon sticky rice on the top of that
You'll also love
- Brussels Sprouts in Creamy Lime... 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- calliflower 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ramen 1.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Speedy pulled pork 1.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken, Potato &... 1.7/5 (36 Votes)
- Stir-fried vegetables with honey 2.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Beer Can Roasted Chicken 2/5 (5 Votes)
- Warm Nava 2/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!