Stuffed Sticky Rice
Sticky Glutinous Rice Mixed With Chicken Packed Inside Banana Leaf
- 250 gram sticky rice – soaked in water for 2 hours
- 250 coconut milk
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chicken mix:
- 1 chicken breast-boiled and cut in small pieces
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 1 bay leave
- 1 teaspoon tamarind water
- oil for stir-fry
- Spices Mix
- 5 shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 pieces candlenut
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Banana Leaves for wrapping
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
• Steam sticky rice for 15 minutes, drain it
• Boiled coconut milk with bay leaves, lemongrass, and steamed sticky rice. Put salt.
Boiled until the sticky rice mix is getting almost dry
• Steam the sticky rice mix until it soft
• Grind all of the mix spices together
• Stir fry spice mix with oil, put chicken mix until it get dried
• Take banana leaves, put a tablespoon of sticky rice mix for first layer, put a tablespoon of chicken, and put another tablespoon sticky rice on the top of that
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!