Brussels Sprouts in Creamy Lime Bacon Horseradish Sauce
I adapted this from my moms Brussels sprouts in Lime Cream recipe from childhood. These go nice with corned beef and potatoes, roast ham or turkey. This sauce also works quite nicely with broccoli, cauliflower, or even kale or Swiss chard. Another option is to substitute crumbled blue cheese for the goat cheese.
- 3 pounds halved Brussels sprouts
- 9 strips smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 thin sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 juiced and zested limes
- 2 tablespoons dill fronds
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Steam cook Brussels sprouts in basket til tender, 6 to 8 minutes, keep warm. Cook bacon in a large skillet on medium heat til crispy, drain well on wire rack or paper towels.
Break up bacon and put in a food processor with remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste and process til fairly smooth. Put in a large saucepan and
heat on medium-low til very warm (if too thick, add some of the steaming liquid to thin to desired consistency. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat well. Put in large serving dish.
You'll also love
- Horseradish Sauce 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges 2.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Hearty Potato & Cheese Soup 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Baba Salad 3/5 (11 Votes)
- Arby's Horsy Sauce 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Brussels to Give You Muscles 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!