Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs fresh brussels sprouts
- 8 oz/225g bacon
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350F
Peel onionand chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Trim the stems of the Brussels sprouts, remove any dark leaves, and cut each in half through the core.
Cut the bacon into strips 1/2 inch wide. put them in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and stir until coated. Put the mixture on a baking sheet/tray in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. bake for 35 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
Place the Brussels sprouts in a bowl, add the melted butter, vinegar, nutmeg, and bacon, and stir until combined. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer 2.3/5 (130 Votes)
- Quinoa Stuffed Portabella 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles... 3/5 (29 Votes)
- No-Yeast, No-Wait, Flatbread 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Cauliflower pasta 2.8/5 (43 Votes)
- Zucchini and Cream 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Bestest Stew Ever 3.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic & Cherry Tomatoes 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!