Taro root Fry
Seppankilangu / Taro Root fry
- Taro Root - 1 lb
- chili powder - as per your taste
- salt- as per your taste
- oil - to deep fry
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Pressure cook the Taro Root for 3 to 4 whistles. (do not over cook)
2. When the pressure is released, and the roots are cooled down,(or in bearable heat), remove the skin and slice them into circle or oval shape pieces.
3. Heat oil in Kadai, and deep fry them in medium flame until they turn golden brown and crispy. (do not burn)
4. Remove from oil and put it in tissue paper,
5. Before it gets cool down completely, transfer to a container with lid.
6.Add a small pinch of salt and chili powder and shake well.
7.Repeat the steps with the remaining slices.
you can add a pinch of salt while pressure cooking also
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Custard 4.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (174 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (48 Votes)
- Eggplant Nuggets 3.6/5 (137 Votes)
- Philadelphia Cheese Ball with... 4.8/5 (80 Votes)
- Savories- Calzones 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers... 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Ven pongal 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!