Cuban Chicken Stew Served over white rice
*Pressure Cooker required
- - 2-3 pounds of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (tastes better with bone in).
- - 2 Large tomatoes
- - 4 large potatoes
- - 8 carrots
- - 1 onion
- - 3 garlic cloves
- - 1 green pepper
- - Cooking Wine or drinking white wine
- - Olive Oil
- - 5-8 Green Olives
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Dice up all ingredients. (leave olives whole)
2. Saute' green peppers, onions, and garlic.
3. Add chicken and let it brown.
4. Add white wine about 1/2 cup
5. Let the wine sizzle with chicken for about 1 minute.
6. Add carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and green olives.
7. Add enough water to cover the ingredients where some are still sticking up above the water.
8. Bring pot to a boil.
9. Close pressure cooker and let cook for about 15 minutes.
10. Put rice to cook.
11. When rice is done or 15 minutes have passed, turn off pressure cooker, and move to side to let pressure out.
12. Once pressure has escaped, open pot and serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Mushroom Risotto 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Ven pongal 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Queensland... 4.1/5 (223 Votes)
- Italian Chicken Stew with Potatoes 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted tomatoes with goat cheese... 3/5 (34 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes 3.2/5 (249 Votes)
- Classic Mini Stuffed Mushrooms 2.9/5 (123 Votes)
- Country Style Mashed Potatoes 3/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!