Bolinho De Chuva
A Brazilian dessert, great for snacking on when watching the 2014 World Cup! Just like mini-doughnuts.
A Brazilian dessert, just like mini-doughnuts.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Oil for frying
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients together, making sure to add the milk little by little, until you have a thick dough.
Roll into small balls of about 2 inches wide, and then fry in hot oil.
Mix some sugar and cinnamon together, and dust on top of the balls while they're still hot.
You'll also love
- Deepavali snacks (bajji, vellai... 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Gluten Free Shrimp 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Kesari variation 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Pistachio Cake 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Uluntha vadai 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Rice Patties (Bolinho de Arroz) 3.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Bobo de camarao 3.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Raised donuts 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.