Black Bean Drink / Soup
A black bean 'smoothie' to drink along with a shot of cachaca, perfect for when watching the World Cup! Recipe sent by Andrea Potsch from the blog Aromas e Sabores : http://www.aromasesabores.com/
A black bean 'smoothie' to drink along with a shot of cachaca. Get in touch with your Brazilian side with this recipe!
- 2 pounds of black beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 finely chopped large onions
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 200g of bacon
- cut into small pieces
- ½ of a calabresa sausage
- 4 tablespoons soy oil
- 2 heaped tablsepoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and soak the beans overnight.
The next day, drain the water, put the beans in a pressure cooker, covered with fresh water and the bay leaves. Cook for about 40 minutes, until the beans are soft.
In a large pan, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic, bacon and sausage. Cook untill browned.
Add this mixture to the cooked beans. Deglaze the pan in which the onions were cooked with some water, and add this water to the beans as well, to give them extra flavor.
Season with salt, cumin and chilli powder. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Let the bean mixture cool, and then blend in a food processor, blender or with a hand mixer.
Add olive oil and water until you have a thick, soupy consistency.
Serve warm in little cups or glasses, with some chopped parsley and chives on top.
You can make this dish with any other type of bean.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Brazilian Fish in Pineapple &... 4.1/5 (70 Votes)
- Southwestern Creamy Pureed Black... 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Herring Undercover 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind... 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Asian Cream Soda Drink 3.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Peach Pleasure 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Feijoada 3/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This is the only thing you'll want to drink this summer.
2 tsp. of brown sugar
1/2 a lime
1/5 cup of Brazilian Cachaca