Brazilian Banana Pie (Torta de Banana)
By Proud Mama
Imagine as if you were watching the World Cup in the nation's capital Rio de Janeiro, while you enjoy a traditional slice of Torta de Banana.
Torta de Banana. Discover our recipe!
- pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- pastry cream
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- banana pie filling
- 6-8 bananas
- 1 lemon
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 package of gelatin
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Mix the eggs and sugar to create a foam
Stir with a whisk
Gently fold in flour
Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Boil one cup of milk and sugar in a saucepan
With 3/4 cup of lukewarm milk, dilute the cornstarch and add in the eggs and mix well
Take the saucepan off the stove, and pour the boiling milk over the diluted mixture
Place back on the stove and let it come to a boil (for no longer than a minute)
Let the cream cool, and slowly add in the lightly softened butter
banana pie filling
Place the spongecake on a plate
Layer the spongecake with a layer of pastry cream
Peel and thinly dice the bananas and lemon
Gently top with the banana and lemon in a design of your choosing
When finished, cover with the gelatin
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1148 Votes)
- The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies 3.9/5 (95 Votes)
- Coconut Protein Brownies 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Blueberry Cream Cheesecake 4/5 (44 Votes)
- Grandma's Banana Bread 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Torte 3.9/5 (46 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Beef fillet with Cachaca 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Caipirinha 3.7/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.