The best traditional desserts - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Traditional desserts recipes
Country Style Apple PieYUM!Food Porn
By Mary Ellen, Mary's Busy Kitchen
This country style apple pie is a classic recipe you don't want to miss
- 10 cups peeled cored and sliced cooking apples. I use Gravensteins.
- 1 cup sugar (for a lower sugar option substitute with half or all Splenda)
- 3-4 Tbsp all-purpose flour (or gluten free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- shake of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp butter (or non dairy type)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup shortening (I used Spectrum All Vegetable Shortening)
- 7-8 Tbsp cold water
Perfect homemade gnocchi from A to Z
By IT: Debora Prevedello
Here's everything you need to know for perfect homemade gnocchi!
The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
It is a traditional way of making a simple chocolate chip cookies
- All purpose flour - 1-1/4 cups
- sugar(granulated / brown / combined) - 3/4 cup (I combined both and used)
- Chocolate chips -1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tea spoon
- Butter - 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
- Salt - 1 tea spoon (if you are using unsalted butter use
- otherwise not required)
- Egg- 1 (at room temperature)
- Baking soda- 1/2 tea spoon
Holiday Traditions Through Food
Holiday season isn't over yet! Discover the fascinating and delicious ways in which people celebrate their holidays around the world...
Traditional Italian Pizzelles
Pronounced “pit-sel” Pizzelles are the oldest known cookie
- 3 eggs
- room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. anise extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
Apple Strudel Bon-Bons
By kakesbykatie.cake, Baking My Way Through Germany
Taking the traditional apple strudel and turning it into a smaller portion sized candy lookalike!
- 250g Flour
- 125g Water
- 25g Eggs + 1 egg for the egg wash
- 25g Oil
- 2.5g Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 225g Apples
- peeled and chopped
- 40g Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Lemon Juice
- 50g Raisins
10 Classic Cakes Everyone Should Know How To Make
From simple sponge to luscious red velvet, here are classic cakes that everyone should get under their belt.
Brazilian Banana Pie (Torta de Banana)Recipewe ♡
By Proud Mama
Torta de Banana. Discover our recipe!
- pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- pastry cream
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- banana pie filling
- 6-8 bananas
- 1 lemon
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 package of gelatin