The best traditional desserts - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Top rated Traditional desserts recipes
Country Style Apple PieYUM!Food Porn
By Mary Ellen, Mary's Busy Kitchen
This country style apple pie is a classic recipe you don't want to miss
- 10 cups peeled cored and sliced cooking apples. I use Gravensteins.
- 1 cup sugar (for a lower sugar option substitute with half or all Splenda)
- 3-4 Tbsp all-purpose flour (or gluten free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- shake of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp butter (or non dairy type)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup shortening (I used Spectrum All Vegetable Shortening)
- 7-8 Tbsp cold water
Perfect homemade gnocchi from A to Z
By IT: Debora Prevedello
Here's everything you need to know for perfect homemade gnocchi!
The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
It is a traditional way of making a simple chocolate chip cookies
- All purpose flour - 1-1/4 cups
- sugar(granulated / brown / combined) - 3/4 cup (I combined both and used)
- Chocolate chips -1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tea spoon
- Butter - 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
- Salt - 1 tea spoon (if you are using unsalted butter use
- otherwise not required)
- Egg- 1 (at room temperature)
- Baking soda- 1/2 tea spoon
Holiday Traditions Through Food
Holiday season isn't over yet! Discover the fascinating and delicious ways in which people celebrate their holidays around the world...
Traditional Italian Pizzelles
Pronounced “pit-sel” Pizzelles are the oldest known cookie
- 3 eggs
- room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. anise extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
Apple Strudel Bon-Bons
By kakesbykatie.cake, Baking My Way Through Germany
Taking the traditional apple strudel and turning it into a smaller portion sized candy lookalike!
- 250g Flour
- 125g Water
- 25g Eggs + 1 egg for the egg wash
- 25g Oil
- 2.5g Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 225g Apples
- peeled and chopped
- 40g Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Lemon Juice
- 50g Raisins
10 Classic Cakes Everyone Should Know How To Make
From simple sponge to luscious red velvet, here are classic cakes that everyone should get under their belt.
Brazilian Banana Pie (Torta de Banana)Recipewe ♡
By Proud Mama
Torta de Banana. Discover our recipe!
- pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- pastry cream
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- banana pie filling
- 6-8 bananas
- 1 lemon
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 package of gelatin