The best russian cake recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Russian cake recipes
Thermomix blinisYUM!Food Porn
By Gitanjali Roche
Thermomix blinis. They're like pancakes you put with savory toppings! Discover our recipe
- 375g flour
- 160g milk
- 1 packet of bakers yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
25 beautiful dinner recipes that will make you do a double take
We've scoured the web for the creme de la creme of dinner recipes. Don't be fooled by their fancy looks, you can totally make these at home!
low fat russian "blini" pancakes
By european cutie, European Cutie
here is a lower fat version I created from what my grandma katrina used to make, serve with fresh fruit and fat fre...
- 1 tb Active dry yeast; (see note)
- 1/4 c Warm water; or
- Apple juice (98 to 110
- 1 ts Honey
- 2 c All-purpose flour
- 2 c Nonfat milk
- 1 ds Salt
- 2 Eggs; separated
- 1 c Evaporated skim milk; well
30-minute family-style dinners everyone will love
Get these winning family-style dinners on the table in just 30 minutes! They're the perfect recipes to share with those you care about.
Grandma Katrina's Russian Pancakes"Blini"
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
My Grandma Katrina used to make the best blini, (these are russian pancakes), they can be served for breakfast, or ...
- 3 large eggs
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2-2.5 tsp dry yeast
- Oil to grease the skillet
- 1 stick margarine to oil ready blini ( I use Smart Balance for a healthier approach)
- Salted herring, thinly sliced
- Melted butter
- Soft boiled eggs, chopped
- Sour cream
By Patouetmary , blog Les gourmandises de Patou & Mary
Mix the two types of flour with yeast and pinch of salt
- Makes 30 Blinis
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 scant cup sour cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs