The best russian cake recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Top rated Russian cake recipes
Thermomix blinisYUM!Food Porn
By Gitanjali Roche
Thermomix blinis. They're like pancakes you put with savory toppings! Discover our recipe
- 375g flour
- 160g milk
- 1 packet of bakers yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
25 beautiful dinner recipes that will make you do a double take
We've scoured the web for the creme de la creme of dinner recipes. Don't be fooled by their fancy looks, you can totally make these at home!
Grandma Katrina's Russian Pancakes"Blini"
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
My Grandma Katrina used to make the best blini, (these are russian pancakes), they can be served for breakfast, or ...
- 3 large eggs
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2-2.5 tsp dry yeast
- Oil to grease the skillet
- 1 stick margarine to oil ready blini ( I use Smart Balance for a healthier approach)
- Salted herring, thinly sliced
- Melted butter
- Soft boiled eggs, chopped
- Sour cream
30-minute family-style dinners everyone will love
Get these winning family-style dinners on the table in just 30 minutes! They're the perfect recipes to share with those you care about.
low fat russian "blini" pancakes
By european cutie, European Cutie
here is a lower fat version I created from what my grandma katrina used to make, serve with fresh fruit and fat fre...
- 1 tb Active dry yeast; (see note)
- 1/4 c Warm water; or
- Apple juice (98 to 110
- 1 ts Honey
- 2 c All-purpose flour
- 2 c Nonfat milk
- 1 ds Salt
- 2 Eggs; separated
- 1 c Evaporated skim milk; well
By Patouetmary , blog Les gourmandises de Patou & Mary
Mix the two types of flour with yeast and pinch of salt
- Makes 30 Blinis
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 scant cup sour cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs