low fat russian "blini" pancakes
here is a lower fat version I created from what my grandma katrina used to make, serve with fresh fruit and fat free yougurt for breakfast or as a dinner with salmon or russian caviar on top with a dollop of fat free sour cream.
- 1 tb Active dry yeast; (see note)
- 1/4 c Warm water; or
- Apple juice (98 to 110
- 1 ts Honey
- 2 c All-purpose flour
- 2 c Nonfat milk
- 1 ds Salt
- 2 Eggs; separated
- 1 c Evaporated skim milk; well
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, milk, salt and egg
yolks. Add yeast mixture. Stir well. Cover bowl with clean
towel and let batter rise in warm place 1 hour.
Beat egg whites in clean bowl until soft peaks form. In
another bowl, whip chilled evaporated milk with electric
beater until thick like whipped cream. Fold into egg
whites. Fold egg-white mixture into batter.
Heat 10-inch nonstick griddle or skillet until drop of
water sizzles when flicked onto surface. Cook thin pancakes
on hot griddle, flipping once. Stack on paper towels. Offer
with fillings of choice fresh fruit or jam, fish or caviar. Makes about 24 servings enjoy!
You'll also love
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.3/5 (217 Votes)
- Pala (Banana fruit) appam...A... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Jack's Favourite Banana Pancakes 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Pancake Sausage Bites 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Veggie Wrap 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Dessert crepes 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- MY BREAKFAST BURRITO 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Buckwheat and Beer crepes 3.9/5 (14 Votes)