Pancake Sausage Bites
They are mighty tasty, mighty tasty indeed! Certainly not your everyday breakfast meal, but they sure are a nice delight every once in a while
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for frying
- 1 package Johnsonville Sausage Patties (8 ct) (original recipe)
- 1½ cups Bisquick
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk + 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Heavy cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Place about 2 oil in a sauce pan and heat to 350
Place the sausage patties in a medium bowl.
Break them up so they are no longer formed.
Reform into about 22 1½ teaspoon sized balls.
Place the sausage balls in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 15 minutes, turning often.
Remove and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
In a medium bowl, mix together the bisquick ,sugar and cinnamon.
Whisk in the vanilla, egg and milk until smooth.
Pick up a cooked sausage ball with a toothpick and dip into the batter, completely cover the sausage with batter.
Carefully lower into the oil and fry for about 1- 1½ minutes or until golden brown.
Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate
Creamy Maple Dipping Sauce
Pour the maple syrup into a small bowl and add the butter.
Microwave for about 45 seconds.
Remove and stir to incorporate the syrup and butter.
Add the heavy cream and stir.
You'll also love
- Eggs with Cheese and Sauted onions 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Sausage and Rice Casserole 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- SAUSAGE PAELLA 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Dessert crepes 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- MY BREAKFAST BURRITO 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Blueberry Cobler 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Inside out omelette 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Banana Pancakes 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?
Review this recipe