- Chorizo sausage
- 1 Onion_ chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic_ minced
- 2 C. Chicken stock
- 1 C. Rice_uncooked
- 1 can (398 ml) Tomatoes
- Dash Tobacco
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Green pepper_ chopped
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook sausage in a pan with a cover, over MED; drain
Add onion and garlic and cook
Stir in stock, rice, tomatoes, bay leaf and tobasco
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat, simmer 25 minutes or till rice is done
Stir in green pepper and cook 3 minutes
Discard bay leaf
You'll also love
- Chili Cheese dip 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Sweet Red Pepper Chili with Beans 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- rice cereal 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Sausage and Kale pasta 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Gazpacho 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- sausage and zucchini 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!