Sausage and Kale pasta
- 3 sausage links, any kind
- 3 cups chopped kale, regular or baby ( can use any other green like spinach or swiss chard)
- ¼ cup white wine
- Olive Oil
- 200-250 grams pasta (orecchiette is best for this one)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat a pan with 2 tbs of olive oil and saute the sliced sausages until cooked ( they should produce some liquid) , add wine to the pan and let simmer slowly.
At the same time, in a pot of boiling salted water, drop the kale and pasta to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove pasta and kale from boiling water ( keep some water in case you need to add it to your mixture) and add it to the sausage mix, let cook together.
Add pasta water to mixture if you don’t have enough water.
Cook until pasta is al dente or as you like it.
Serve garnished with grated parmigiano and a drizzle of olive oil
100 gram per person is average portion per person
Olive oil is always extra virgin, cold pressed
Peperoncino is Italian crushed red pepper flakes
Start boiling the water for the pasta before or at the same time as you start making the sauce. The pasta and sauce usually take the same time to cook. Keep some of the pasta water in case you need it for the sauce.
When draining the pasta, retain a cup or more of the water just in case you need to add it to your pasta sauce. If your sauce is ever too thick , this is what you need to add to make it just right.
You'll also love
- Baked Pasta Casserole 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Pepper and Onion... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Cucnia 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- cinnimon toast treats 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken n Mushrooms w/gravy 4/5 (22 Votes)
- 20 minute chili 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- spicy kale chips 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Mushroom Chicken Casserole 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.