The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies
It is a traditional way of making a simple chocolate chip cookies. I have already posted it in my blog too. Please check the link if you are interested for more clicks.
- All purpose flour - 1-1/4 cups
- sugar(granulated / brown / combined) - 3/4 cup (I combined both and used)
- Chocolate chips -1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tea spoon
- Butter - 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
- Salt - 1 tea spoon (if you are using unsalted butter use
- otherwise not required)
- Egg- 1 (at room temperature)
- Baking soda- 1/2 tea spoon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from easyandsimplefoods.blogspot.com
1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter, Sugar and beat well.
3. Then Add, egg and vanilla extract, beat until it is soft.
4. Gradually add, flour and mix slowly (It will look like tight, but when you keep mixing, it will come to the right consistency)
5. Then add the chocolate chip and mix thoroughly...
6. In the mean time, preheat the oven to 375F and in a cookie tray, arrange the parchment sheet.
7. Take a table spoon of batter and shape it to circle cookies using a spoon and butter knife. Press with a fork on top and make some stripes.
8. Bake it for 7-8 minutes, then completely cool it on cooling rack.
makes about 20 medium cookies. I made 8 larger ones and 10 smaller ones.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Marble cake 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Walnut Crescent Cookies 3.7/5 (102 Votes)
- Arayeches Algerian sweets 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Skor Bar 4.7/5 (57 Votes)
- Apple Strudel Bon-Bons 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- easy ice cream sandwiches 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!