The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies
It is a traditional way of making a simple chocolate chip cookies. I have already posted it in my blog too. Please check the link if you are interested for more clicks.
- All purpose flour - 1-1/4 cups
- sugar(granulated / brown / combined) - 3/4 cup (I combined both and used)
- Chocolate chips -1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tea spoon
- Butter - 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
- Salt - 1 tea spoon (if you are using unsalted butter use
- otherwise not required)
- Egg- 1 (at room temperature)
- Baking soda- 1/2 tea spoon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter, Sugar and beat well.
3. Then Add, egg and vanilla extract, beat until it is soft.
4. Gradually add, flour and mix slowly (It will look like tight, but when you keep mixing, it will come to the right consistency)
5. Then add the chocolate chip and mix thoroughly...
6. In the mean time, preheat the oven to 375F and in a cookie tray, arrange the parchment sheet.
7. Take a table spoon of batter and shape it to circle cookies using a spoon and butter knife. Press with a fork on top and make some stripes.
8. Bake it for 7-8 minutes, then completely cool it on cooling rack.
makes about 20 medium cookies. I made 8 larger ones and 10 smaller ones.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!