banana cream pie
- 1pie crust
- 1/3cup flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Dash salt
- 2cups milk
- 2egg yolks beaten
- 1tblsp margarine
- 1tsp banana flavouring
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake pie crust for 10 minutes until browned
Mix flour,sugar and salt in saucepan
Gradually add milk and stir until smooth with whisk
Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly until mixture is thick
Remove from heat
Add a bit of hit mix to beaten eggs to temper them and then add egg mix to saucepan
Return to heat and stir constantly until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and add margarine and flavouring
Slice 2 bananas and layer into bottom of pie crust. Pour milk mix over bananas. Let mix cool conpletely before serving
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!