Tuscan Roast Beef
- 1 Sirloin Tip Roast about 3 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried Basile divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Red Wine or Beef Broth
- 1 16 ounce can Whole Tomatoes drained
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim excess visible fat from roast beef.
In a small bowl mix salt, mustard, parsley,1 teaspoon basil, garlic powder, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture on beef and pat well to adhere.
Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat add beef. Cook 2 minutes on all sides. Place beef in a shallow roasting pan. Pour water over beef mix with spices. In a bowl mix Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, wine or beef broth, tomatoes, and remaining basil. Blend well. Pour over beef in pan.
Roast beef until tender or until a instant read meat thermometer registers 145°F. For medium-rare about 1 hour. Remove beef and cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into slices.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.