French Dip Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce
Imagine biting into a meaty hot sandwich after it's been dipped in a mixture of its own juices. With this recipe, you can make that a reality.
- 1 4-lb boneless ribeye loin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- Prepared horseradish sauce
- 8 French rolls (buttered and toasted)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine the salt, pepper and dried oregano together, then rub it into the meat on all sides.
Place the beef onto a roasting rack in a shallow baking pan.
Roast for 20-25 minutes for medium rare, 30-45 minutes if you prefer it less pink.
Remove the meat from the oven, set on a cutting board and tent with foil for 15 minutes. Reserve the beef juices from the baking pan.
Pour the beef juices, beef broth and water into a saucepan, and heat on the stovetop over medium-high.
Add the sliced onion, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened and golden. Taste, and adjust for seasoning.
Remove the onions with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
Once the meat has rested for 15 minutes, slice it very thinly.
Spread each buttered and toasted French roll with a bit of horseradish sauce. Layer with the meat and onions, and serve with the jus on the side.
You'll also love
- Super Easy Italian Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Angel hair pasta with shrimp,... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Bagel Pizza 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- 15 Bean Soup 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Pepper Steak 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Mexican Beef Quinoa 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Nana's Brownie Cupcakes 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Cheese sticks 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.