- 1 potato finely grated, 2 carrots finely grated, 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound ground pork, 1/3 cup water, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning, 1/2 tsp. marjoram.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Brown meats. Drain all fat except about 1 tbsp. Add all the rest of the ingredients. Simmer until veggies are cooked. If necessary add more water. Beat 1 egg with 1 tbsp. of water and brush on top of pie.
Bake at 375 degrees f. for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!