Sucre la creme
This is a French Canadian recipe I begged off of a friend Madeline. She brought it to a dinner party and our eyes rolled back in our heads. It is as rich and decadent as it sounds, simply melts in your mouth. Enjoy!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 lb. of butter (1 cup)
- small can of evaporated milk (cupcake size)
- 2 cups icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and evaporated milk. Let it simmer 8 minutes.
Take off stove and pour in the icing sugar, mix well until it is smooth. Pour it in a pan. Cut into 1 inch squares when cool. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Mother's Zucchini Bread 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mr. Woods Microwave Fudge 4/5 (4 Votes)
- AUDREY'S FAVORITE FUDGE 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Soupe au Pistou 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Creamy Chocolate Fudge 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Vanilla flavored Sugar 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Nanaimo Squares 3.3/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.