Blueberry French Toast Casserole
You can make this the night before and pop it in the oven the next day. Use fresh blueberries, frozen blueberries don't taste as good.
- 12 slices of bread 1 inch thick
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Grease the baking dish 9x12. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Line the bottom of the pan with the bread. Pour the egg mixture over top.
Mix the butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar, drizzle over the top. Sprinkle pecans on top.
Bake at 400 F for 35 minutes. Put blueberries on the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
I cut the sugar down in this recipe. If it is too sweet cut more sugar out next time.
You'll also love
- Evi's Egg Omelet 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Foie Gras Egg Casserole 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Soupe au Pistou 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken & Potato Casserole Bake 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Savory Hamantaschen 3.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Savoy sausages 3.8/5 (35 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Blueberry Peach Jam 4/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Review this recipe