French toast casserole recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated French toast casserole recipes
NIGHT BEFORE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Butter a 9x13x2 inch pan
- 1 (10 oz) long thin loaf French bread cut in 1 inch slices
- 8 large eggs
- 3 C milk
- 4 tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
Blueberry French Toast Casserole
By Carolyn Haslam-ODea
You can make this the night before and pop it in the oven the next day
- 12 slices of bread 1 inch thick
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries