Tasty Oatmeal Cookies
This is my mother's recipe and these are the only cookies she ever made from scratch, from the time I was growing up until right now. They are probably my favorite cookies for this very reason. You can add berries, nuts, or raisins, but they are perfect in their bare simplicity.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- half cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and a half cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups oats
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix wet and dry ingredients, combine together.
Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased pan. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Boiled Icing 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pepperoni Bread 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Raspberry / White Chocolate Cookies 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cookie Sheet Cake 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Simplest Homestyle Meatloaf 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Hamburgers 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe