Soft Oatmeal Cookies
THIS IS A FAMILY RECIPE FROM MY CHILDHOOD.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Oatmeal
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Add 1 Cup Raisins in sauce pan and cover with water(enough for 8 TBSP of water and cook slow until raisins are soft.
Beat sugar and shortening together until fluffy. Add 2 eggs (1 at a time and beat well after each)
Take 8 TBSP raisin juice out of pan and put in measuring cup and add baking soda to juice.
Combine flour and oatmeal to batter alternating with raisin juice (start with flour and end with oatmeal.
Add raisins to batter. (if there is just a little bit of raisin juice left add also, then stir together
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Do not over cook they will be dry and hard when cooled
The cookies will seem very soft when you first take them out of the oven
Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing them.
You'll also love
- apple crumb pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Mille Feuille 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Refrigerator Rolls 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Molasses Cookies 2.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Christmas Spiced Zucchini Jam 4.1/5 (38 Votes)
- Peannut Butter Cookies 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Granola Bars 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Soaked Steel Cut Oat Muffins 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This cake is made of cookies, and takes only a few minutes to prepare!
2 cups of white chocolate
1 cup of cream
2 cups of dark chocolate
1 cup of cream
4/5 cup of milk