This is a perfect candy for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for rolling
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all ingredients except powdered sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat until it becomes a soft ball when dropped in ice water, about 10 minutes boiling.
Let cool enough to handle. Make golf ball sized candies. Roll in powdered sugar. Refrigerate.
You'll also love
- Choclate dipped strawberries 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Peppermint Brittle 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Dessert- Coconut & Sojee 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Homemade Cream Potatoes 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Unbaked Chocolate Cookies 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Caramels 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Snicker Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe