- 6- 10 large apples peeled and thinly sliced, put in pie shell until pie is rounded
- Sprinkle apples with a small amount of lemon juice
- In a small bowl mix
- 7 rounded soup spoons of brown sugar
- 7 rounded soup spoons of white sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- Almost 1 tbsp cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dash of nutmeg
Spoon topping over apples. Drizzle with whipping cream. Dot with butter. Put top on crust.
Bake 425 degrees for 10 minutes then turn down and bake for 25-30
You'll also love
- Mary's Meatloaf 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Brandy-Glazed Pork Tenderloin 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Southwestern Grilled Chicken With... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Walnut and Chestnut Honey Cake 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Mango & Kreme Sticky Rice 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Sweet Row Bread – with 65°C... 4/5 (111 Votes)
- sweet treat roll ups 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Pound Cake Cookies 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.