- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 165mins
Cost Average budget
cover 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
place all ingredients into medium sauce pan and heat to boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
boil for 35 minutes stirring frequently, until (245) small drop of mixture is dropped in very cold water and forms a firm ball that holds its shape until pressed.
immediately place mixture in pan and let cool for 2 hours
cut into 1 inch squares and wrap in wax paper, and store in air tight container.
You'll also love
- Pound Cake Cookies 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Bakalolo (spoken not spelt) 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Maw's Doughnuts 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Bannock 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Snicker Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Caramel Corn with Chocolate Chips 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Almond Brittle 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Cottage cheese, banana and caramel... 3.8/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.