Caramel Corn with Chocolate Chips
Delicious caramel corn with chocolate chips melted through.
- 8c popped corn
- 1/4c packed brown sugar
- 6Tbs butter
- 3Tbs light corn sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp vanilla
- small bag of chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the popcorn in a 17"X12"X2" pan. Remove any unpopped kernels.
Melt the butter in a pan on stove with the corn syrup, sugar, and salt. Stir until mixture comes to a boil then stop stirring and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla.
Pour over popcorn and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir popcorn and bake 5-10 minutes longer. Put hot popcorn in bowl while adding chocolate chips a few at a time so they melt onto the popcorn.
For fun add some broken pretzels and nuts before baking. You could also try some white chocolate chips too. I have made this Caramel corn adding dark chocolate M&Ms after the popcorn has cooled. Bagged, it makes a colorful addition to any gift basket.
You'll also love
- Brownie in a Mug 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Pecan Pumpkin Roll 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Cottage cheese, banana and caramel... 3.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Buttercrunch Popcorn 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- peach popcorn 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Tarts 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Poppy Cock 4/5 (5 Votes)