Biscuits that will melt in your mouth. Discover our recipe.
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- 5 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of cold water
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 of icing sugar
- Granulated sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 275°.
Measure flour (not sifted), cream butter, add brown sugar and water.
Beat until mixture is smooth.
Incorporate flour gradually with chopped pecans.
Let stand for one hour.
Shape dough into balls. Bake on ungreased sheet for 40 minutes.
Roll in sugar bag.
A Christmas favourite, also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies.
You'll also love
- oreo pie 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cool and Hot Habanero Almond Ice... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken/Turkey Stuffing 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Yogurt Cake 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin pie w/vanilla topping 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Monster cookies 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Egg And Sugar Peanut Butter... 4.1/5 (6 Votes)
- Pecan Cookie Balls 4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!