Pecan Cookie Balls
These buttery melt-in-your mouth cookies are also known as Mexican Wedding Cakes. They make a great holiday gift or cookie exchange addition.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; beat until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans.
Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets. Immediately roll hot cookies in remaining 2 cups sugar. Place sugared cookies on wire racks to cool. When cool, roll again in sugar.
You'll also love
- Brasted's Sugar Cookies 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Best Loaded Mashed Potatoes 3.6/5 (50 Votes)
- sweet treat roll ups 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Cookies And Cream Milk Shake 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Pound Cake Cookies 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Double 1 Egg Chocolate Cake 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken/Turkey Stuffing 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.