apple crumb pie
- 4 to 5 Cortland apples
- squirt of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a big bowl, peel and dice up a apples. Add cinnamon and sugar to taste. Squirt a little lemon juice in the bowl. Put in pie shell
add flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and mix. Then use your hands to crumb up the butter and mix with the dry ingredient.
sprinkle of the apples and bake on 375 degrees
use stick butter and when mixing, don't squeeze. If you mix too well, will not look crumbly. Let cool so the juices thicken up.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.