Apple & Pear Crumb Pie
A fresh fruit pie topped with a nutty crumb coating. I bake it in a cream cheese pie crust for an added sweetness in the crust.
- 4 cups pears, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425.
Prepare your favorite 9inch pie crust and prep it in a pie plate
In a large bowl combine the pears, apples, sugars, and cinnamon.
Pour the fruit into the prepared pie plate.
Drizzle with the 1 tablespoon melted butter.
In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter until coarse crumbs form.
Fold in the chopped peanuts to the crumb mixture.
Top the fruit with the crumb mixture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Let cool completely before serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.