What Happens to Your Body When You Eat INSTANT NOODLES
A staple among college students, instant ramen noodles are an easy meal that can save you a lot of time and money. However, instant noodles are not the healthiest food choice. They're incredibly high in fat and sodium - so much so that this food can have a disastrous effect on your body.
In an experiment conducted by Dr. Branden Kuo at Massachusetts General Hospital, a pill-sized camera was placed in each participant's stomach to see what was happening inside the body after consuming these noodles. They discovered that the meal did not break down until after two hours of digestion, which means that the digestive system has to work much more to be able to process them. This negatively impacts the body's ability to absorb nutrients.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Comment on this article