Pecan Pie Bourbon Balls
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 2 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker pieces (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Vanilla Sugar
- 1 tsp Bourbon Barrel Foods' barrel-aged Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBS bourbon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- roughly 20 pecan halves
- 16 oz chocolate candy coating
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a food processor, process the 2 1/2 cups of pecans and graham cracker pieces for about two minutes (this works best if the graham cracker pieces are at the bottom of the processor). The mixture shouldn't be completely smooth, but processed enough so that pecan and graham cracker pieces aren't whole.
Place the pecan and graham cracker mixture into a large bowl and add sugars, Vanilla Extract, bourbon, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until combined. With a tablespoon, form the mixture into bourbon ball shapes (about an inch in diameter). Place them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment and freeze for 30 minutes.
Melt the candy coating. With two toothpicks, dip the bourbon balls into the candy coating and place on another baking sheet lined with parchment. You may want to work in batches so they stay cold. Top each bourbon ball with a pecan half.
You'll also love
- Buttery Pecan snowballs 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Savories- Mums Favorite Pie 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Citrus Cake of Kings 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Grumpy's pie 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Mom's Best Holiday Dressing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Indian Rice Pudding 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pecan Fingers 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Vanilla Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!