Mom's Best Holiday Dressing
- 1 lg. loaf bread
- 1 c. milk
- 1 onion
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 c. butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. hamburger, uncooked
- poultry seasoning
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Tear bread up into 1/2" pieces into a medium to large sized roaster. Pour over mild and lightly toss.
Cut up and add onion and apples. Then add beaten eggs and hamburger and mix.
Add salt, pepper and poultry seasoning as desired, to taste. Then toss lightly and add butter and toss once more.
Bake at 350 for 2-2 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes, and basting if needed.
You'll also love
- Vazhaikkai Puttu 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Baked Asparagus 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pecan Fingers 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cheese Bake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Hashbrown & Egg Recipe Bake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- The Best Homemade Thanksgiving... 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Stroganoff 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.