The Best Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 1 loaf of white bread
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 can of chicken broth (you most likely won't use the entire can)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 Tbsp. sage
- Salt & pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Break bread into chunks.
Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add chopped celery and onions, cook 10 minutes until soft (don't brown). Add salt, pepper, and sage (fresh or dry) to taste.
Alternate adding bread and 1/4 can of broth until the mixture is damp ... not too wet, not too dry. Test it out to see how the spices are and adjust as necessary. Let this sit as long as you can. 15 minutes, 4 hours ... It will help the flavors sink in.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes in an 8x8-inch pan. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of baking.
You'll also love
- Mae's Chili 3.3/5 (86 Votes)
- tasty mac n cheese 3/5 (151 Votes)
- Homemade Hot Chocolate 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Home made peanut sauce 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts 3/5 (142 Votes)
- Mom's Best Holiday Dressing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Turkey (Lunch meat) & Stove top... 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
How to make fast-food style mayonnaise in a pinch!