- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet yeast
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 can or jar of tomatoes
- choice of oregano
- powdered onions
- shredded cheese
- hot peppers
- leftover bbq chicken
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix together 3 3/4 cups flour and 1 1/2 tsps salt together.
Make a well and add 1 1/3 cups warm water, 1 packet yeast and 1 tbsp sugar.
Let sit about half an hour.
When foamy, mix in 3 tbsps vegetable oil.
Knead until smooth about 5 minutes.
Brush with a little oil, cover in a bowl and let rise until doubled in size, at least 2 hours.
Pour tomatoes into blender and add optional spices.
Simmer on low for about an hour to thicken sauce.
Divide the dough for two pizzas.
Roll out and cover the base of pizza stone or tray.
Poke the dough a couple of times with a fork for more even cooking and less bubbles.
Brush on a little olive oil or butter and put in oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes until right before crust begins to turn brown.
Take out of oven and spread on 1 cup of pizza sauce.
Layer with cheeses and toppings.
Continue baking until cheese browned.
Only use vegetable oil. Dough won't rise with olive oil.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!