Chocolate Snickerdoodles. Discover our recipe.
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1+ cup of flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds.
Add 1 cup of sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined.
Add egg and vanilla, beat until well combined. Stir together flour and cocoa. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can.
Stir in the remaining flour mixture; batter should be fairly stiff. Drop using slightly rounded teaspoons 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Stir together 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle on unbaked cookies. Bake in a 375° oven for 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on a wire rack.
Best. Cookie. Ever.
You'll also love
- Banana Sherbert 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Apple Crisp 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Covered Pretzels 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Applesauce 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Apple Chips 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Bar Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Coastal Coconut Key Lime Coolers 4/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe