Chocolate Bar Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups blended oatmeal ***see below
- 1 8oz. Hershey Bar
- grated (250gm)
- 24 oz. chocolate chips (3 cups)
- 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
***Measure oatmeal, then blend in a blender or food processor to a fine powder. Cream butter and both sugars. Add vanilla & eggs, cream. Mix dry ingredients separately, then add to creamed mixture. Add chocolate and nuts.
Roll into balls and place 2” apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 min. @ 375 (my oven 200). Makes 112 excellent cookies, you may want to ½ the recipe.
You'll also love
- Mummy Dogs 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Chocolate and Reese® Milk Shake 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Popovers 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Coastal Coconut Key Lime Coolers 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Classic Sugar Cookies 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Chocolate Covered... 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Oatmeal Bars 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Maple Walnut Fudge 2 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!