- Cooked dried garbanzo beans (the cans are more expensive and less healthy)
- 1 Lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Stock (vegetable or chicken) or water
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the garbanzo beans and garlic in a food processor.
In order to make the hummus as healthy as possible, do NOT use tahini or a lot of oil – use lemon, stock/water, and a touch of olive oil as liquid.
Squeeze the entire lemon and give the food processor a whirl – it will probably be too thick.
If it’s too thick, put a few tablespoons of stock or water and blend again – is it thin enough yet?
Repeat with more stock and/or lemon juice until it’s thin enough but BEFORE the taste is off balance (too watery or lemony).
Finish it off with a sprinkle of the spices and a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
Keep tasting and adding these ingredients until the texture and taste are to your liking.
You'll also love
- Quick and Easy Hummus 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- hummus 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Crispy Cherry Rice Treats 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Delicious cake with curd custard 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Puree 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Moroccan Lamb Kebabs 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sweet Tomato Chutney 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Salt and pepper
Slice eggplant and chop coriander
Place sliced eggplant in toaster
Thoroughly mix hummus, salt, pepper, and coriander
Spread the mixture onto the toasted eggplant slice!