- Cooked dried garbanzo beans (the cans are more expensive and less healthy)
- 1 Lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Stock (vegetable or chicken) or water
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the garbanzo beans and garlic in a food processor.
In order to make the hummus as healthy as possible, do NOT use tahini or a lot of oil – use lemon, stock/water, and a touch of olive oil as liquid.
Squeeze the entire lemon and give the food processor a whirl – it will probably be too thick.
If it’s too thick, put a few tablespoons of stock or water and blend again – is it thin enough yet?
Repeat with more stock and/or lemon juice until it’s thin enough but BEFORE the taste is off balance (too watery or lemony).
Finish it off with a sprinkle of the spices and a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
Keep tasting and adding these ingredients until the texture and taste are to your liking.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Hummus 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Crispy Cherry Rice Treats 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cucumbers in Sour cream 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ragi Pakoda 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Dehydrator dried Apples & Cinnamon 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Healthy Baked Ziti 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Peruvian Salsa Verde 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Delicious and Healthy Smoothie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Salt and pepper
Slice eggplant and chop coriander
Place sliced eggplant in toaster
Thoroughly mix hummus, salt, pepper, and coriander
Spread the mixture onto the toasted eggplant slice!
Review this recipe