- 3 ripe medium tomatoes, seeded/chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 T fresh basil, snipped or 2 t dried
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 24 slices French bread, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 T olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brush olive oil on surfaces of bread slices. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until lightly browned and crisp.
In the meantime, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Scoop tomato mixture onto bread slices.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Amp up your bruschetta, with a flavorful French twist!
- 3/4 Cup of blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup of cream cheese
- Green peas (cooked)
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Slices prosciutto
- Mix together the blue cheese and cream cheese.
- Spread onto toast.
- Top with green peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto.