- 2 packs (3 oz) Raspberry jello
- 1 pkg unflavored gelatin (for extra firmness)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups boiling water
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 100 flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
- Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine gelatin in bowl and add boiling water.
Let it cool to lukewarm and then add the whipping cream and 15 drops green food coloring.
Gather your straws (don’t forget to flex them out) and put them in the container. It’s important that the straws have a tight fit so the jello stays in the straws. For this reason, a 1 liter carton may be better; you will probably get longer worms since there is a tighter fit. If you have a bigger container, a rubber band around the straws is helpful. Or you could just add more straws to fill the container.
Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and let it set until firm.
There are multiple ways you can remove the worms from the straws. You can roll a rolling pin over the straws and squeeze them out or you can hold the straws over warm water. The worms will slip right out.
You'll also love
- Mini Cheesecakes with Cranberry... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Bingo cake 2.8/5 (114 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Snickerdoodles 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Goop Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cheese Pie 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Turtles 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Shamrock Pretzel Pops 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.