Homemade Custard. Discover our recipe.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of milk
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla
- Nutmeg of topping
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat everything together except nutmeg.
Pour into 5 to 6 Pyrex ramekins. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Set cups into a pan that has high sides and put at least an inch of water in it.
Bake approximately 35 minutes. They are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Can be eaten warm or cold. I personally enjoy them cold.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Custard 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE ECLAIR 4/5 (36 Votes)
- Mother's Rolls 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked pineapple 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pizza 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Banana Sherbert 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Delicious cake with curd custard 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- BAKED RICE CUSTARD 4/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe