Turkey Pot Pie
Great for Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 ½ cups cooked vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, etc.)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup diced cooked potatoes
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ tsp. ground poultry seasonings or sage
- 1 9” two-crust pastry
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine turkey and vegetables. Melt butter. Blend flour salt, and seasonings into butter. Add milk gradually. Stir and cook until mixture thickens. Combine with turkey and vegetables. Pour into pastry shell. Cover with top crust. Seal and flute edges. Slit top in several places. Bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 min.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture