Yorkshire Pudding. Discover our recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Drippings or cooking fat
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a small, deep bowl beat the eggs with an electric blender.
Add the milk & salt and blend again with the electric blender until thoroughly mixed.
Gradually add the flour and mix until smooth and lump free.
Let the mixture rest for up to one hour in a cool place (do not refrigerate).
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
This recipe will make 6 individual muffin sized Yorkshire puddings. Using a 6 or 12 unit muffin pan, place 1 tsp cooking fat into each of 6 of the muffin cups. Place the pan into the hot oven for 1-2 minutes to get the fat hot. Remove from the oven before it begins to smoke.
Immediately divide the batter that has been resting into the muffin cups and place back in the oven.
Cook for 15-20 mins until golden brown. The Yorkshire puddings should be crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
If you want to make 12 individual yorkshire puddings, just double the recipe.
You'll also love
- Mj's Yummy Ham & Cheese Omelet 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
- My father's Garlic Soup 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Instant Blueberry Preserves On Rye 3.9/5 (49 Votes)
- Chilled Rice Pudding 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Potatoe Buns 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- CHEESE SCONES 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- VANILLA PUDDING (Microwave method) 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.