A variety of veg side dish made with raw banana. This can be called as vazhaikkai podimas also.
- Raw banana: 2 nos (Medium)
- onion - 1/4(if you use 2 or 3 pearl onions
- ti gives the best taste)
- Green chili -1
- oil -to temper
- mustard seeds and urad daal - 1 tea spoon
- curry leaves - a few
- salt - as per taste
- Grated coconut _ 2 tea spoon (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
1. Cut the edges of raw banana and boil them in a pan
2. When they turn black on one side, turn it. Let it change color on all the sides. (do not over cook)
3. Remove the veg from boiling water and let it cool down.
4. Peel off the skin and grate it with grater.
5. Pre-heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds, urad daal, curry leaves
6. Add finely chopped onions and green chili and saute until the onions turn golden brown.
7. Add Grated veg, and required salt to it and saute gently.. Do not mash.
8. when veg is mixed well with onions, add grated coconut and switch off the flame.
best combo with sambar or rasam rice
You'll also love
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts 3/5 (141 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Dehydrator dried Banana 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Adhirasam (A sweet snack) 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- KADI 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Light Zucchini Gratin 3.7/5 (108 Votes)
- Eggless Banana Walnut Cake 4.2/5 (7 Votes)
- angel salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Somas with dried coconut 4/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!